Privacy and Cookies Use Policy
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Burnbrae Events Ltd T/A Ex Events is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will always ensure your data is kept securely and not disclosed to an unauthorised person. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR, the Data Protection Act 1988, and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
What kind of information will we collect from you?
• In order to provide our services, we may collect and process the following information:
• Your name, company name, and job title.
• Your contact information including postal address, phone number, and email address.
• Dietary details
• Other information relevant to a specific event.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website.
This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How will we use your personal data?
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
• To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
• To contact you with information about an event that you’re attending.
• To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
• To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Disclosing Your Information
• Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
• To selected third parties that you expressly consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes
• To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
What are your rights as a data subject?
It is in our best interest to safeguard your rights as our customer, therefore, we would like you to have a clear understanding of what happens to your personal data once we have collected it. The following list explains your rights as an individual under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
• You have the right to be informed of what we do with your data and to know is what the purpose of collecting and processing is.
• You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information so that you are aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. You can obtain the following information: a) confirmation that your data is being processed and b) access to your personal data. We will provide this information within one month of the request and free of charge.
• You have the right to request us to rectify your personal data if is inaccurate or incomplete.
• You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, although, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure
• You have the right to restrict the data processing, however, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-restrict-processing
Burnbrae Events Ltd T/A Ex Events is a company based in the UK. Our company number is 08767429, registered in England.